Who is the Holy Spirit and What Does He Have to Do with Fruit? (Part 4)
- 2 Peter 3:9 : "The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
Who is the Holy Spirit and What Does He Have to Do with Fruit? (Part 3)
- Prince of Peace
- worry ... prayer ... petition ... thanksgiving ...requests... peace.
Who is the Holy Spirit and What Does He Have to Do with Fruit? (Part 2)
- happiness and joy
- difference between happiness and joy: my answer is in the post!
- rainy days, snow, chocolate, sleep, and the gorgeous new orange dress I scored last week at TJ Maxx make me happy; my faith in God through Jesus the One and Only, spending time with my family, and watching my girls dance bring me joy
- receive; receive; wait; show; choose; show; receive
Who is the Holy Spirit and What Does He Have to Do with Fruit? (Part 1)
- Christ dwells (settles down in, as a permanent residence) in our hearts (not the physical organ but the very center of our spiritual lives).
- the Holy Spirit
- love; I think God puts this first on the list because love drives and links all the other parts of the fruit of the Spirit. As Colossians 3:14 puts it, "Over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
- laying down your life for your friends
- sorry, the Answer Key can't help you on this one! :)
The Question We Have to Answer:
- yes; Christ
- 1B; 2C; 3E; 4D; 5A
Showdown in the Desert:
- the dragon
- Scripture/Bible verses/the Word of God
- he leaves!
- a sword
- here's what I'm working on right now: "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks him" (Lamentations 3:21-25).
Showdown on the Mountain:
- you shall have no other gods before me
- taunting the prophets of Baal
- to make God's power all the more obvious
- that God would answer him so the people who know He is God and would turn their hearts back to Him
- they fell on their knees with their faces to the ground and cried, "The Lord--He is God